Artichoke is a variety of spice that is cultivated as a food. It the most liked among people all over the world. The edible part of this plant is the flower bud, which comes before the flower blooms.
Fresh artichokes in the microwave can be cooked easily. In fact, the microwave steaming technique is relatively quick.
And easier than preparing it in boiling water on the gas stove. Here we are going to see How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave? and we will cook some of the recipes to cook artichokes in the microwave.
Cooking fresh artichokes in the microwave is rocket science. Steamed artichokes are very healthy and delicious in taste. Also, they can be easily cooked in the microwave with the minimum things required to prepare them.
But make sure to use the freshest artichoke while steaming them in the microwave. Due to the dry nature of this method, artichokes may get a rough texture.
You can follow the given recipe to prepare steamed artichokes microwave.
- Artichoke medium size
- Olive oil (optional)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder ½ tbsp
- Dried rosemary ½ tbsp
- Take a fresh artichoke and cut it in half. Now take a Ziploc bag and place the half-cut artichoke in it. Also, add olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Now add garlic powder and rosemary to the zip lock bag. Mix them while shaking it slowly.
- Now seal the zip lock bag and place it inside the microwave for 5 minutes on medium-high flame.
- After 5 minutes, carefully take out the bag from the microwave. Also, beware of the hot steam coming out of it when you’ll open the bag.
- Now take the artichokes out of the zip lock bag. Check whether the leaves of the artichokes are brittle and dried or not. However, if artichokes don’t attain the desired texture, it is advised to microwave them for an additional 2 minutes.
- Use a spoon and try to take out the middle part of the artichoke because it is fuzzy. Also, artichoke’s middle part is not suited for eating.
- it is not considered good to eat.
- Place them on the plate and peel the leaves of the artichokes, which will give you the delicious heart present at the end of the leaf to eat.
#2 How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave Bag?
Preparing an artichoke in a bag will help you to overcome the trouble of how to steam an artichoke in the microwave. It will also minimize the cooking time for preparing artichoke.
- Fresh Artichokes 2
- Water ½ cup
- Olive Oil
- ½ tbsp Ground Pepper
- ½ tbsp Salt
- Dried Thyme ¼ tbsp
- Take a knife and chop the top third part of the artichoke that is inedible. Also, remove the stem of the artichoke in a way that half an inch of it remains.
- leaving only about half an inch of it.
- Now take a microwave-safe zip-lock bag. Fill it with water through half of the bag. Place it into the oven for around 8 minutes for smaller artichokes and 9 minutes for the larger one. You’ll find your steaming artichoke in the microwave getting ready to eat.
- After the estimated oven time, take them out. Once artichoke is cooked well, it is easy to pull off its leaf. If they are not done, place them again in a microwave for a minute or two more.
- Keep them aside to let the heat cool off. You can use any sauce to serve it with the artichokes.
- When the artichokes cool down, take a knife and slice them into half. Take the white and pulpy center out of it.
- Take a brush and coat a layer of olive oil over it. Also, sparkle salt, black pepper, and thyme over it and serve it.
- Before eating remove the meat from the leaf and enjoy your artichoke.
Yes, you can prepare globe microwaved artichokes. Globe Microwave artichoke recipe can be prepared by following these easy steps.
Since globe artichokes are larger in size as compared to the other artichokes, therefore the time taken by them to soften is high.
- Take a globe artichoke and trim it by cutting the stem and tips of the leaves.
- Now cut the lemon into half and rub it over the artichokes. This will prevent it from getting brown in color.
- Now put the artichoke in microwave bowl and cover it using an airtight lid. Also, fill some water in it before covering it.
- It is going to be better if you place them in the upside down direction so that water doesn’t get filled in them.
- Cook them for around 11 minutes. When they are cooked for about 9 minutes, check them whether they have turned soft or not.
- When they become soft, it indicates they are suitable to eat. Take the water out of them and serve them.
Stuffed artichoke recipe is one of the quick artichokes recipes that you can prepare for your guest to impress them.
- Minced garlic clove 4
- Fine chopped parsley 1
- Bread crumbs
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- Take a fresh artichoke to wash it and cut the stem from it. Also, trim the leaf tips of the artichoke from the ends.
- We have to microwave artichoke in bag for this recipe. Therefore, heat artichoke in a microwave bag for around 14–16 minutes. Also, twist bag’s end of the bag as well as pierce it to let it heat evenly.
- After you take out the artichoke from the microwave, let it cool down.
- Use a pan to melt better. Then sauté the onions as well as garlic in the melted butter.
- Now add bread crumbs, parsley, and cheese in it and mix it well.
- Pick up your artichoke and fill each leaf with the bread crumb mixture from the bottom of it.
- After filling the ingredients in each of them, microwave for another 4 minutes and serve it hot.
Steamed microwaves can be one of the best ways to cook artichoke fast and it is best enjoyed with dip sauce. Here are two delicious sauce recipes that can be enjoyed with artichoke.
- Mayonnaise ½ cups
- Diced tarragon leaves 2 teaspoon
- Diced Chives 2 teaspoons
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Take a blender jar and add mayonnaise along with tarragon leaves in it.
- Blend it for a minute so that leaves get mixed in it.
- Now add chives and lemon juice to the mixture as per the taste.
- Enjoy your sauce. You can also store it in order to use in future.
Find below my most recommended top rated jumbo artichoke steamer, if you wish to buy it.
Last update on 2021–04–17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Artichokes can be eaten either cold or hot, but most people prefer to eat it hot. Artichokes can be easily cooked in an oven and they are best served with dip. Steamed artichoke in microwave can be eaten in many ways.
- The easiest way to eat an artichoke is to steam it and pull off its outer leaves, dip it in melted butter, sauce, and vinegar.
- One more way is to grip one end of the petal in your mouth and peel scraping with your teeth. Also, dip it in your favorite sauce and enjoy it.
- Take a knife or spoon and scrape out the fuzzy part from the middle of the artichoke because that part is not suitable to eat.
- Some people even like to eat the artichoke heart. This heart should be cut into pieces and melted and dipped in butter or sauce to enjoy it.
The following recipe will tell you How To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave. Follow these steps and prepare your globe artichoke.
- Large Globe Artichokes
- Cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf
- Lemon Slice
- Take an artichoke and use a scissor to cut the little thorns at the end of the leaves.
- From the top of the artichoke, slice it about ¾ inches from the tip.
- There may be small leaves on the base artichoke. Remove them and also cut it’s stem.
- The stem may or may not make the artichoke taste better. But certainly, some people prefer eating it. Therefore, it’s up to you to eat the stem or not.
- Now rinse the artichokes in running water. Aso, open them up a little bit while washing so that they get washed nicely.
- Take a large pot. Then, add garlic, lemon, and bay leaf to it. Fill it with water and put artichokes in it and place them in the microwave for around 10 minutes.
- Cover the top of the container so that steam doesn’t escape from it.
- Take them out. Drain the water and serve them hot.
Usually people get confused in how long to microwave an artichoke. The cooking time for artichoke depends on its size.
For two medium artichokes, the cooking time of 6 to 9 minutes is appropriate. Use a toothpick to check the softness of artichokes.
If the toothpick penetrates easily, it indicates that artichokes have cooked well. However, if it doesn’t penetrate easily, it is advised to increase the cooking time.
For large artichokes, cooking time of 10 to 12 minutes is fine. It can be also checked by the same method given above.
These time duration will also clear your doubt about how long do artichokes take to steam.
The best and easiest way to cook an artichoke is by softening them. Therefore, now the concern arises how you’ll soften them. Follow these steps to know an easy way to do it.
- Take the artichokes and cover them with water and place them in a microwave container.
- Season the artichokes with salt and mix it well in the water.
- Keep it in the oven on medium-high heat for around 10–12 minutes and don’t forget to cover the container with a lid.
- Now take them out and prick them with a toothpick to see whether they have become soft or not. If not place them again for 2–3 minutes.
Read more recipes here.