11 Feng shu Roof Shapes For Houses Colors Meaning, Impact
The layout of your home, the alignment of its, the color of your wall surfaces, and the shutters you place are not the only things to consider when it comes to.
The roof styles are equally essential. Roofing layouts that contradict harmony ( the attribute of being composed of exactly comparable pieces facing one another or along an axis) are not regarded favourable for Feng Shui, says Feng Shui professionals.
The roof shields the structure from direct sunshine, rain, as well as wind. These considerations must be taken into account while planning the roof shapes for houses. Furthermore, according to Feng Shui, the style of the roof might provide good fortune to the residents.
Throughout this article, we’ll look at some of the most popular roof styles and colors, as well as what they represent and also how the shape of the roof affects house owners.
Significance Of Rooftops In Feng Shui
Feng Shui concepts, which include roof layouts for modern buildings, aid in the creation of pleasing architectural layouts and soothing home furnishings.
- The ideal roof layout, as per the traditional China rulebook, is one approach to Feng Shui, a house for prosperity and good fortune.
- Rooftop styles and home constructions are not only essential features that give security, but they also bring visual enjoyment in today’s society.
- Under Chinese Feng Shui, the household design includes windows that signify eyes, the main entrance that symbolizes the mouth of the building, and a roofing layout that signifies the head of the residence.
- To establish Feng Shui a house for prosperity, structural layouts, particularly feng shui rooftop types, components, and colors, must be properly matched.
- The rooftop type and colors must complement the external concept of a Feng Shui home. The roof shapes ought to be sturdy and the resources used must be of the finest grade.
11 Types Of Roof Shapes For Houses And Their Meaning In Feng Shui
Find below Roof Shapes For Houses In Feng Shui, their meaning, significance, benefits and impacts on the family members.
Roof Shapes For Houses In Feng Shui
1. Pitched Roof
- Pitched roofs seem to be the most prevalent form of roof seen on inhabited residential properties.
- They offer the extremely functional goal of water dispersion, ensuring that a property is protected from the harmful impact of water harm.
- Pitched roofs have a fiery element to them and go well on rectangular or square-shaped houses.
- Houses with excessively high and sharply pitched roofs are prone to causing domestic strife and tension.
- It could, nevertheless, be helpful to inhabitants who perceive fire energy to be a positive aspect.
- Anyone in the energy or food fields would benefit greatly from such residences in terms of career growth and accomplishment.
- They work much better when the home faces the south, but they might contradict if the house faces the north.
- Horizontally flat roofing construction is known as a flat roof. However, despite the fact that they seem to be flat, they are not really flat because of sewage channels installed to manage the flow of water.
- They are, nevertheless, regarded to have a flat layout feature in regards to feng shui. Flat roofing is associated with the earth element, as well as the earth broadly
- Flat roofs fit in perfectly with ground chi that a dwelling controls as per the universe’s trinity of good fortune because the ideal designs of dwellings are squares.
- They are symbols of steadiness and growth. As a result, it would be appropriate for academics, entrepreneurs, and those working in real estate-related fields.
- Residences overlooking northeast or southwest benefit well, whereas those facing east or southeast probably do benefit as well under this roof shape for houses.
2. Circular Roof
- Roofs that are round, ovoid, spherical, even dome-shaped are unusual in apartment buildings.
- Metal elements are represented by circles. They are appropriate for people in the production, military, clothing, and other fields.
- Large metal is typically not advised for residential real estate since it might be an ill omen to have it hovering above your head while imposing downward tension.
- They are, nevertheless, suitable for public structures where people gather for activities but do not stay overnight. Since circles symbolize heaven, circular roofing buildings can also be used as worship spaces.
- They work best on dwellings that face west or northwest, therefore, they must not be used on properties that face south direction.
3. Irregular Roof
- When you can’t tell the shape of the roof just by looking at it, chances are it’s irregularly structured roofing.
- These represent the element of water. Very much like allowing a metal element above you might be poor feng shui, allowing water above you can be dangerous.
- As a result, they are generally discouraged from housing properties and should only be built for public events.
- While facing north, a structure with this roof performs well for its occupants, but it must avoid overlooking northeast as well as southwest.
4. Dormer Roof
- A dormer roof is one that has a projecting portion that protrudes from the roof plane or sidewall. Mono-pitched roofing, commonly known as skillion rooftop, comes under this classification of the roof.
- They are quite often spotted on pitched roofs, they are frequently designed as glass windows.
- This type of roof shape essentially expands the amount of usable area in a home while also allowing natural daylight into places like the attic, bedroom, or upper floor.
- Dormer roofings are generally made of wood and are ideal for individuals in the educational or teaching fields.
- Buildings with such roof layouts might benefit from facing southeast or east. It’s also a wise idea for such buildings to stay clear from facing west as well as northwest.
5. Triangle Roof
- A triangular roof does have a high feng shui inclination that disrupts the layout of the apartment’s feng shui gravitational flux, making it easy for exterior bad spirits to infiltrate.
- The roof must not have a slanting form. The slope denotes a downward path, signifying that the owner’s profession is prone to setbacks and that headway toward advancement is sluggish and tough.
6. Gable Roof
- It evolved from mono-pitch roofing into a triangular gable with two steep slopes on both the right as well as left sides of the roof, which is commonly found in Thai typical homes and Greek classically styled homes.
- According to the roof shape in Feng Shui, the pointed design of the roofing resembles a spear diving, and the residents are more likely to be hurt or lose valuables.
- It’s a little frightening, but don’t be too concerned because the consequences will be minor. The acute appearance style has the most impact on the mental state, causing a negative mood, a lack of self-esteem, suspicion, and paranoia.
- The four sloping inclinations at the front, rear, and sides link with five hip joists on four sides, the same roofline span on four sides, and rainwater will stream down four sides of the roof.
- It is beneficial for “Qi” to circulate throughout the residence in Feng Shui, which means good fortune. Currently, the attractive hip roof is frequently utilized. It is commonly utilized in Europe for magnificent castle roofing.
7. Gambrel Roof
- A gambrel roof has two dips per side and is two-sided. These bottom slopes are wider than the upper ones on this roofing, which is harmonious.
- This allows it to give the advantages of a sloping roof without sacrificing indoor area.
- Stables and warehouses typically have gambrel roofing since these structures demand additional storage area, which this roofing may offer.
- Gambrel roofing is utilized to build chapels, in addition to barns as well as warehouses, to make use of the high skylights. This form is bad for Feng Shui since it can’t maintain “Qi.”
8. Shed Roof
- It is a high inclination through one edge of the horizontal roof that allows snow and rain to flow easily. This layout is bad for Feng Shui, which means you can’t save your money.
- Although it is the most basic style, it is difficult to have it blend in with the rest of the structures.
- To conquer this stumbling block, we can observe how the new breed of architects has transformed this roofing into modern styling.
9. Butterfly Roof
- A butterfly rooftop is just a reversal of a gable rooftop, called for its similarity to the form of a butterfly’s forewing.
- The roof slabs of a butterfly roofing slant inside to converge at a central valley, putting the eaves somewhat above the main ridge, in contrast to a typical gable roofing.
- This form is also bad for Feng Shui since it can’t maintain “Qi” or wealth.
Feng Shui Roof Colors And Their Meaning
Even while the roof color isn’t the most important factor, it does matter, particularly if you do it entirely wrong or correct.
Whenever it comes to choosing a roofing color for your home with feng shui in consideration, the most important thing to remember is to prevent conflicts.
The meanings of the various roofing colors are listed below-
1. Green roof
- The wood element is represented with a green roof. Other hues, such as brown tones, are used to symbolize the wood aspect.
- Individuals who live in buildings with flat rooftops occasionally construct a rooftop garden. Green grass is used to cover the whole pitch. The rooftop garden would have wood roofing as well.
- Residences oriented east and southeast would benefit the most from such roofing color.
- Whenever we picture the red color, we automatically think of fire. However, keep in mind that this element could also be portrayed by other hues, including purple.
- Due to the obvious way rainfall sewage lines are set up, most residences have fire roofing.
- When you consider that the majority of dwellings are rectangular or square in design, it’s clear that red roofing is typically good.
- Furthermore, fire on top is far superior to fire beneath. The latter can occasionally be a feng shui issue.
- They are best suited to residences with a southerly orientation and must be disregarded by homes with a northerly orientation.
2. Yellow roof
- Yellow roofed structures are unpopular owing to the potential for flaws to be seen.
- They are, nevertheless, not infrequent. This brightly colored roofing blends in perfectly with square buildings and flat rooftops.
- Deep brown roof tiles are also used on a number of roofs. These also belong to the earth element. Yellow roofs are ideal for homes with a South West or northeast direction.
3. White roof
- Gray-colored rooftops, which also symbolize the metal element, and also the color of concrete bricks, are quite frequent with recent buildings featuring flat roofing lines and are highly typical with white rooftops.
- Metal roofs must be prevented due to the risk of fire, particularly homes facing south must avoid them. Roofs with a triangular form must also be averted.
- Metal-colored roofings are best for homes facing west as well as northwest.
4. Black roof
- Roofs with black tiles are unusual, though not hard to get hold of. The fact that they retain the sun’s heat is the major reason why house owners detest them.
- Also, it’s primarily because of their aesthetic worth that people may adore them.
Read the original blog to find more on Roof Shapes For Houses In Feng Shui Colors Meaning, Impact